pairing name suggestion: rewind and paws
this is in regards to jadedave, in case you were wondering.
Poker Chip Giveaway!!!
Someone moving out of town left us with these poker chips (he was going to just throw them away). Rather than seeing them go to waste, we thought this was a perfect opportunity for a Tumblr giveaway!
These are typical 11.5g composite (plastic with metal slug) chips in the Dice mold, with a hummingbird printed on both sides of each chip. We are unsure of who the original manufacturer is. The chips will fit in a standard poker chip rack (as pictured above; chip racks are not included in the giveaway).
Included in this set are 500 chips: 50 black chips, 100 green chips, 150 red chips, 150 white chips, and 50 blue chips. These would have a face value of $8,400 using standard poker chip values (excluding the blues, which have no standard value, but you could use them as $500s or $0.50s or $10s). No packaging, case, or other storage container is included in this giveaway.
Here are the rules:
- Giveaway ends at 11:59:59 PM CDT on Friday, August 15, 2014. Entries made after the cutoff are disqualified.
- To enter, all you have to do is reblog this post. One reblog per URL will be counted as an entry; multiple reblogs and likes are appreciated, but will not be counted as additional entries!
- Following Denexa Games on Tumblr is not necessary to win. However, if you are following us when we select the winner of the giveaway, we’ll throw in small blind, big blind, and dealer buttons!
- Winner will be determined by random number generator. You must have your ask box open to win! If we cannot contact the winner, the winner is disqualified (see below), or the winner does not respond with their shipping address within 48 hours, we will draw another winner.
- We will only ship to addresses in the United States. Unfortunately, a set of 500 poker chips is quite heavy and shipping outside of the United States would be pretty expensive.
- We are not aware of any legal restrictions on owning poker chips, but check your local ordinances and state laws to ensure that you are allowed to own them and use them for whatever purpose you intend to use them for. If you are not legally allowed to have poker chips, don’t enter! This giveaway is void where prohibited.
- Employees of Denexa Games and their families/spouses/roommates/pets/household pests are not eligible to win.
hey, reblog this and possibly win some high quality stuff from a friend of mine.
#cleopatra with the nose knocked off. I wonder if people still think she was European like the movies betray…
I still think it’s one of the most desperate things whites have done to blacks and to black history. The disrespect is outrageous. They came to our country and mentally could not fathom how these black civilizations could be so great. They literally rode through our lands and shot the noses off of our statues. Why? So that the statues would no longer resemble the African people and they could LIE about the origins of Egypt and countless other civilizations. It was a widespread practice. It’s why statues of Pharaoh’s and their wives have no noses. It’s why the Sphinx has no nose. When I was in middle and high school, we were taught that the noses had fell off due to time and poor craftsmanship! They have literally tried to teach us that our ancestors were shitty builders of noses just to hide their malicious destruction of our heritage. European fears of African peoples had to come from somewhere. I want to know what part of the history is missing. There’s something that they don’t want to be told.
The shade is real
i was taught that the noses fell off as well and actually continued to believe this. in retrospect this makes no sense, considering greek/roman statues pretty much always have intact noses whereas egyptian ones are always conveniently missing theirs. thank you for pointing this out to me, i hadn’t even made that connection until now.
The bolded was me too and I am seriously embarrassed that I never even thought about how that could be false.
Damnnn. I hate myself for not realizing this.
I hate myself even more, since I know the ancient Egyptians created their sculptural works with the idea of permanence in mind. They were literally built to last throughout the afterlife. Notice how the majority of their monumental sculpture is stone-bound, without any protruding elements or breakable appendages. That’s because many of these sculptures were intended to house the life-force (Ka) of those they portrayed. Of their favorite materials were basalt and diorite, both extremely hard stones that were incredibly difficult to carve. Meaning a nose just doesn’t “fall off” because of “poor craftsmanship,” you would literally have to take a hammer to it. Fuckers.
Cleopatra was black, she was as black as Cicely Tyson. -Paul Mooney
Don’t hate yourself, and don’t be embarrassed. This is one of the biggest things that they have done to try and uphold the myth of Black inferiority/White supremacy. Erasing Blackness is what they’ve been doing since Day 1. They’ve done it then, they do it now, and they’ll keep doing it until the world ends.
If you went or know anyone who went to SDCC and saw this cosplayer, the police seriously need your help. _
The cosplayer was found at the side of a road unconscious and bloody without her ID and in her costume. The police are unsure what happened to her.
If you have ANY information or saw her anywhere, call The San Diego Police Department at (619) 531-2000 or (858) 484-3154.
PLEASE Spread the message.
Personal note: I am not personally involved with the situation, I have not been to that con nor seen the cosplayer only saw the issue being raised on Facebook, so I’m raising more awareness on here. More infomation: x
Reblogging in hopes this case get solved fast!
come on tumblr this needs more notes
THIS IS MY FRIEND MILLY! SHE’S IN THE HOSPITAL IN ICU STILL IN SAN DIEGO WITH SEVERE BRAIN BLEEDING. PLEASE reblog this and let the police know if you have any information!